ENSEMBLE STUDIO COMPETITION
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2022
Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for an evening in the spotlight as Canada’s top voices compete for your vote to be the next opera star!
Throughout the summer and fall, COC judges have been conducting auditions in cities across Canada with some of the finest emerging opera voices in the country. Now, finalists will perform a final audition live during Centre Stage as they compete for cash prizes and the chance to join the COC Ensemble Studio—and you’re invited!
Mingle with artists, musicians, and music fans at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts while you enjoy an exhilarating vocal showcase, delicious snacks, and incredible cocktails—all while supporting Canada’s emerging opera talent.
All proceeds go to support the COC Ensemble Studio, the COC’s career development program for emerging opera professionals.
KEY DATESTicket Sales:
- August 29 (Members)
- August 30 (Subscribers)
- September 1 (Free Digital Members and eOpera Subscribers)
- September 2 (General Public)
TICKET AND TABLE OPTIONSMark your calendar—tickets go on sale to the public on September 2!
With your ticket purchase to Centre Stage you receive access to:
- a selection of delicious canapés and refreshments specially curated by The Chase
- access to the thrilling final round of the national Ensemble Studio Competition
- a post-show toast feting the winners and finalists of Canada’s leading vocal competition
Premium Spotlight Experience
In addition to the complete Competition Experience (see above), the Premium Spotlight experience includes:
- a three-course dinner, presented in the stunning Henry N. R. Jackman Lounge after the main event
- opportunity to personally engage with and celebrate competition winners, finalists, and current Ensemble Studio artists
- connection building with cultural philanthropists and Canadian business leaders who share your passion for creating opportunities for the next generation of opera talent in Canada.
- Tax receipts will be issued for the maximum allowable amount
- 5:30 p.m. Pre-Competition Reception
- 7:00 p.m. Ensemble Studio Competition
- 8:30 p.m. Celebratory Toast
- 9:00 p.m. Premium Spotlight Experience
ABOUT THE ENSEMBLE STUDIOThe COC Ensemble Studio is an innovative artist development program for emerging Canadian opera professionals.
The company’s uniquely collaborative approach blends advanced study and practical experience through a multi-year program that’s individually tailored for each member. Artists receive intensive vocal coaching; language, movement and acting studies; as well as private masterclasses with renowned opera professionals. Ensemble singers perform and understudy mainstage roles, while Ensemble pianists participate in the preparation of the COC’s mainstage productions.
Since 1980, nearly 230 young professional Canadian singers and pianists have acquired foundational opera experience through the Ensemble Studio. Former members include Ben Heppner, Krisztina Szabó, Emily D’Angelo, Claire de Sévigné, Gordon Bintner, Ambur Braid, Miriam Khalil, Wallis Giunta, and David Pomeroy.
To learn more about the COC Ensemble Studio, click here.
CENTRE STAGE COMMITTEESadhisha Ambagahawita