Concerts take place most Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon, and some Wednesdays at noon or 5:30 p.m.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis and seating is limited. Please join the line-up early to avoid disappointment. Latecomers will not be admitted.
"Like" the Free Concert Series on Facebook to see beautiful photos from the performances and get reminders about upcoming events.
Chris is a Toronto-based photographer, specializing in live performance and event photography, including (but not limited to!) opera, cabaret, burlesque, rodeos and wrestling. He is particularly interested in moments when the performer is fully engaged in their performance and how that relates to their connection with the audience.
Chris has made images for the Canadian Opera Company since 2008, including the Free Concert Series, mainstage performances and other events. His work has been featured in media outlets and publications in Canada, the United States and England.
Chris is also an experienced fine art printer. His fine art landscape and performance photography is in private, public and corporate collections.
I use photography as a means of exploration, discovery and self-expression.
I search constantly, and wait patiently for the perfect moment to freeze the frame.
An interpretation of the world around me, painted by light, through my favourite lenses.
Karen E. Reeves
That photography blurs the boundaries of time has always inspired me. A single moment borrowed in the now instantly becomes the past in order for it to be shared into the future.
Each performance in the Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre is particularly unique and I strive to capture the subtle energy of those special moment and hold them still.
Some tips if you're visiting the first time...
- Arrive early! Doors open half an hour prior to the performance start time and admittance will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, of up to 230 patrons. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Sound carries very well in the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and other electronic devices that may make noise. Any sound, including whispering, is distracting for both the audience and performers. Patrons who disrupt the performance by talking, making noise or talking on cell phones may be asked to leave.
- Although the programming is not geared toward young children, people of all ages are welcome to attend the concerts as long as they are able to sit quietly throughout the performance.
- Please unwrap and enjoy your candies in advance. If at all possible, eat your lunch before the performance begins. If you need to eat during the performance, please do so quietly.
- You are encouraged to stay in your seats until the end of the performance. There is no re-entry once the performance has begun.
- In consideration of patrons with allergies, please avoid wearing any perfumed beauty products and fragrances.
The Free Concert Series in the Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre takes bookings for school and community groups only (no individual reservations are available).
Approved school and community groups are invited to book a maximum of three performances per season (annually, September through May). Groups are limited to a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 participants.
Bookings for the 2018/2019 season must be made during two registration periods:
Beginning Monday, September 10 at 10 a.m. for Fall/Winter Performances (September 2018 – February 2019)
Beginning Monday, January 7 at 10 a.m. for Spring/Summer Performances (March 2019 – May 2019)
Bookings are available by filling out an education inquiry form or by calling 416-306-2392. Please include your name, affiliation (school or community group), age and number of attendees, any special arrangements that may be required for your group, and up to three concert dates in order of preference. Please wait up to one week for a reply from Education and Outreach regarding your booking.